Why Wheatgrass is a Superfood and Why You Should Be Drinking It Everyday
Wheatgrass is becoming more and more popular in the health and wellness world, and for good reason. Wheatgrass is a nutritional powerhouse and is jam-packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. But why should you be drinking it?
Wheatgrass is a nutrient-dense superfood that is loaded with over 90 minerals, including calcium, magnesium, and iron, and it’s packed with vitamins A, C, and E. Plus, it’s high in chlorophyll, which helps to detoxify your body and balance pH levels. On top of all that, it’s also a great source of protein, fiber, and antioxidants—all of which are essential for good health and wellbeing. But the benefits of wheatgrass don’t stop there. Research has shown that wheatgrass can help to boost your immune system, improve digestion, and even reduce inflammation. And if that wasn’t enough, it’s also been linked to improved energy levels, better sleep, and brighter skin.
There are a few things that may surprise people about wheatgrass:
- It's not just for juicing: While wheatgrass is often consumed in juice form, it can also be taken as a powder or capsule supplement, or added to smoothies or other dishes.
- It's not just for humans: Wheatgrass is often fed to pets, particularly birds and small animals, as it is believed to have various health benefits for them as well.
- It's not a new trend: Wheatgrass has been used for centuries for its alleged health benefits, and has been a staple in traditional medicine practices around the world.
- It's not really from wheat: While wheatgrass is often referred to as "wheat" grass, it is actually a type of grass in the Triticeae family, which includes other grains such as barley and rye.
Some people may find that incorporating wheatgrass into their diet can be helpful for specific health goals, such as:
- Supporting overall health and wellness: Wheatgrass is packed with nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, which may support overall health and wellness.
- Supporting digestion: Wheatgrass is high in fiber, which may help to support healthy digestion and regular bowel movements.
- Boosting energy: Some people swear by wheatgrass as a natural energy booster, thanks to its high nutrient content.
- Supporting immune function: Wheatgrass is high in chlorophyll, which some studies suggest may help to support immune function.
- Detoxification: Wheatgrass is believed to have detoxifying properties, which may support the body's natural detoxification processes.
So why wait? Incorporate wheatgrass into your daily routine and see if it makes a difference in your overall health and well-being. And if you're looking for a convenient way to get your wheatgrass fix, check out VADE Nutrition's plant-based meal replacement. VADE Nutrition, a family-owned business that was seen on ABC’s Shark Tank, knows the power of wheatgrass- which is why they use it in their plant-based meal replacement. Not only does it contain wheatgrass, but it's also packed with a proprietary blend of superfoods, vitamins, and minerals – making it the perfect choice for busy people looking to support their health.
Or shop VADE Nutrition on Amazon