VADE Cookie Dough Cheesecake:
Looking for something to bring to your next holiday party? Look no further than VADE’s Cookie Dough Protein Cheesecake! We’ve upped the protein but kept the flavor by using VADE’s Chocolate Protein Scoops in the crust and Vanilla Protein Scoops in the filling. You could even add a couple drops of peppermint oil in the filling for some extra holiday cheer!
If you make this, everyone will be asking for your secret ingredient and beg you to make this again for next year. You probably already have all of the ingredients on
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 stick softened butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 chocolate VADE protein powder + 2 T cup milk
- 2 3/4 cups plain flour
- 1/4 cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- pinch of salt abd pinch of cinnamon
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 tsp vanilla FILLING:
- 16 oz softened cream cheese
- 3 VADE vanilla scoops + 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- CHOCOLATE GANACHE:
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate (at least 60%)
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
How to Make the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees
- In a large bowl, mix together butter and sugar until combined with a standing mixer
- Add in VADE chocolate scoops, milk, and vanilla and wait 1 min until liquid starts to dissolve protein film
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mixed until chocolate cookie dough has formed
- Press dough into a 8-inch springform pan, press the crust into the base and up the sides. Neaten the edges by trimming the crust with a knife. Set in the freezer to firm for 1 hour, then line with parchment paper, and fill with baking beans.
- Remove the pan from the freezer, and bake for 10 minutes. Remove the baking beans and paper, then return to the oven for another 10 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Set aside to cool.
How to Make the filling:
- In a mixing bowl, mix together softened cream cheese, protein powder, milk, sugar and vanilla. Add the eggs and yolks, and whisk until smooth.
- Pour in the cheesecake mixture until 1/2 inch from the top of the crust. Cover the tin loosely with foil.
- Bake for 45 mins - 1 hour, or until center is just set. Leave to cool in the oven with the door closed for 2 hours. Then chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
How to Make the Ganache:
- Bring heavy cream to a simmer on the stove top, stirring occasionally. Just as soon as it starts to bubble, reduce heat and pour on top of the chocolate chips, swirling the bowl to make sure all chips are covered.
- Let sit for 5 minutes
- Stir chocolate chips with a whisk starting in the center and working outward until smooth and ganache has formed.
- Let sit uncovered at room temperature for about 10 minutes before spreading on top of cheesecake
- Leave to cool in the fridge for 1 more hour, then cut into slices and serve.